Thursday, August 23, 2012

Meet the Teacher Night

It was such a pleasure meeting all my new students tonight!  Thank you parents for taking the time to come in to meet me and see our classroom.  It is obvious that I'm going to have a classroom full of some very special and wonderful kiddos!  It was great to see their personalities start peeking through already this evening.  I have no doubt that we are going to learn a lot together this year and have lots of fun in the process!  Parents, thank you again for taking the time to fill out all those forms and most importantly, for trusting me with your child.  I promise that you will be amazed at how much they've grown and learned this year!  Because it's unfair that I should get to know more about your family and your child than you may know about me, I thought I'd share a little more about myself and answer some of the same questions I had you answer about your child. :)

Get To Know Your Teacher

My favorite subject in school was: Reading/English.  My wonderful English teachers inspired me to become a teacher myself!

I have 2 children. 1 boy (Andrew) and 1 girl (Sophia)

I have 5 pets. Their names are: Bohdi (Pomeranian), Lizzy ( Andrew's gecko), Lacy (Fancy Rat), Winter and Shelly (Sophia's Hermit Crabs).

During my free time I like to read, draw, travel and spend time with my family.

Something you probably don't know about me is: I have no will power when it comes to sweets!  Chocolate, candy, cake, cookies, I LOVE them all!

Things I'm afraid of: Clowns and Spiders

Places I have lived and traveled to: Illinois, Hawaii, and most of the US States.  I have also traveled to the Bahamas, France, England, Jamaica, the Cayman Islands, and Mexico. 

I am so excited to see everyone Monday morning and begin our journey through 2nd grade together!  Enjoy your last weekend of summer break!

No comments:

Post a Comment